For Love and Lemons Lucia Bra, $131.
[Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.]
Thanks to airline credit cards, the flexible schedule of a freelancer, and generous friends with couches, Im able to travel pretty frequently, but packing is always a struggle. Who knows what could happen on holiday! What if its too cold for my sandals? Or Im invited to a secret ball?В Or my flight is rerouted abroad and I find true love and get married in Paris? Oh, what a conundrum. But vacation pipe dreamsВ aside, Ive gotten pretty good at packing light while still looking cute, and bras are no exception. Here is my list of the 5 bras you need to pack next time you take a trip. There are three picks for each: one inВ core sizes, one in fuller cup sizes, and one wireless or smaller-cup style, so theres an option for everyone.
1. A travel day bra. Sitting in a budget seat for 6 hours while soaring over the ocean isnt especially pleasant, but its worse when your bra doesnt feel great. All the tiny little things I dislike about anyВ given bra come out tenfold when traveling in it.В So packing a travel day bra, something super comfortable that youВ dont have toВ think twice about, is a no-brainer. These three picksВ are pretty, simple, and most of all, seriously comfortable.
Theres a reason why its so popular.В Natori Feathers contour plunge bra, $68 via Shopbop.
Panache Clara, available in sizes 30D to 38GG. On sale for $43.55 via freshpair.com
Wacoal Embrace lace soft cup wireless bra, band sizes 32-38. $38 via Macys.
2. A bikini that can double as a bra. There is literally nothing better than taking off all your clothes and running into the ocean, so skip the changing room andВ wear one of these bikinis all day. Theyre supportive enough to wear under a t-shirt but cute enough to walk down the boardwalk.
Kate Spade New York Bolsa Chica underwire bikini top, sizes XS through L. $94 via Shopbop
ASOS Fuller Bust Enchanted Floral Print Bikini Top, sizes 30DD to 36G. $35.59
Wildfox Couture Mermaid Shell Top, available in sizes S and XS. On sale for $110.
3. A bra thats flashier than your outfit.В WithВ wildВ details and unique shapes, a fashionable bra takes up less space than another piece of clothing. Wear it under an open-knit sweater, beneath a white t-shirt, or by itself with a pair of high-waisted shorts, and you have an additional outfit and a lighter piece of luggage.
Marlies Dekkers Lagertha and Ragnar Maple Sugar push-up bra, $249
Wolf & Whistle Emerald Longline Fuller Bust Bra, sizes 30DD to 36G. On sale for $15.37 via ASOS.
For Love and Lemons Lucia Bra, $131.
4. A trusted sports bra. Not that you have to work out on vacation or anything, but if the occasion arises to go for a mountain hike at sunrise, a rooftop yoga session with a friend, or a beach run with someone cute, it feels good to be prepared. And yes, sports bras canВ totally be cute.
Wacoal Soft Cup Sports Bra, $48 via Bloomingdales
The classic: Freya Sonic Sports Bra in air, 30DD to 36H. On sale for $69 at Bare Necessities.
IVY PARK Printed Cross-Back Bra Top, $52 via Topshop
5. A bra you would neverВ wear to work. Whether its because you can see right through it, its too decorative to hide under a blouse, or both, pack it and embrace your temporary freedom from workplace norms.
Agent Provocateur Bethanie in peach/lilac, $175
Buttress and Snatch Curvy Emily bra, available in D through H cups. $133
One Teaspoon Le Poison bodice, sizes XXS through L. $70 via Dolls Kill.
You might notВ needВ one of each of these brasbut you dontВ need to go on vacation, either, so why not? Pack oneВ and see where the trip takes you.
Author: Quinne Myers